Delivery notes can be expanded with the help of last-mile delivery software.
If you use a proof of delivery app to populate your delivery notes, you can add the following extra fields:
- Geostamp (delivery location/map)
- Driver information
- Vehicle information
- Reasons for order rejection
- Image evidencing rejection
Reasons for rejection and proof of rejection presented on delivery notes show that the order could not be delivered. It serves as proof that your courier attempted to deliver the order, but the customer was not at home or rejected the package for another reason. The customer will receive an updated delivery note if the second delivery attempt is successful.
Driver and vehicle information are useful in many situations. For example, it can be used to review the order delivery process, respond to customer feedback, or address complaints.
Proof of delivery, like a photo, geostamp, or e-signature, is also helpful in case of a dispute and to keep the most accurate delivery records.
These details, however, are secondary for some types of businesses. It is up to you whether you need to include them in your delivery notes.
Your delivery note can also include some optional details:
- Bank/invoice details
- Special delivery notes/instructions (for example, if the package is fragile, etc.)
- Returns/exchanges information
4. Go sustainable
As we’ve already discussed, some companies like to print physical copies of delivery documentation as well.
If your business model allows that, you should definitely switch to electronic delivery notes and digital purchase receipts, and we’ll tell you why.
Printing proof of delivery on paper is wasteful and causes more trees to be cut down. You may reduce your environmental impact and save trees by going paperless.
It’s a smart decision for any company since it builds a positive and sustainable profile.
Saving on paper costs
Physical delivery notes require paper, ink, printers, and servicing. Paperless reduces these costs and saves money over time. It will save you much more than just one penny a day.
Accessibility and efficiency
Digital delivery notes can be easily accessed and shared electronically. Digital notes can be sent to customers immediately through email or online platforms, making communication quick and easy. This creates a smooth and efficient customer experience.
In contrast to paper delivery notes, digital ones may be updated instantly to reflect any changes to the order. If there are any issues with the order, a new digital delivery note can be sent out immediately.
Integration with other systems
Digital delivery notes are easily integrated with digital systems like inventory management or accounting software. This reduces the risk of human error, streamlines routine procedures, and saves time.
Along with paperless copies of delivery notes, you can send your customers other promotional content, such as special offers, discount codes, and information about how returns and exchanges work.
Some local regulations or customer preferences may require printing delivery notes. In that case, you should stick to more eco-friendly types of paper.
For instance, you can choose recycled, FSC-certified, or biodegradable paper. This will show your customers that you care about how your business affects the environment and choose greener options, even if you still have to print the documents.
5. Make a difference
You can always stand out from the competition by adding extra elements to give your customers a better experience.
QR code bonus
Add a QR code to the delivery note, leading customers to a secret deal or surprise. It could be a special discount, a personalized video message, or access to a hidden page on your website.
Creating QR codes for your business can be a simple yet powerful way to engage customers by offering them easy access to digital content, deals, and exclusive surprises with just a quick scan from their mobile devices.
Elevate your business processes by incorporating the Billdu barcode scanner into your operations.
No business wants to encourage returns. Yet, making the process as easy as possible for your customers is an absolute priority. After all, it will make them want to come back.
You can include a return label that your customers can print out and stick on their order if they want to send it back. As a result, your clients and support staff will both appreciate the time savings.
Include useful tips
Include helpful instructions on using the product to its full potential alongside the delivery note (or on the reverse side).
For example, you could include recipes with the delivery notes if you sell food or drinks. This makes the purchase more valuable and encourages customers to use your products in new ways.
You can even add a link to a video tutorial or other kind of interactive content. This personalizes the delivery note and makes it memorable.
Getting customer opinions on delivery notes and the delivery process is incredibly valuable.
Perhaps, some of the document’s elements are unclear or missing; the font is too tiny, or the design is confusing… Your customers will let you know. Fresh opinions can make a real difference.
By providing interactive components under the delivery notes, such as checkboxes or rating scales, you can encourage consumers to submit feedback. It is critical for small business owners in particular.
Naturally, after reading those tips for including extra elements in your delivery notes emails, you want to try them all.
Even if they are all awesome, limit yourself to one or two extras to keep the notes professional without overloading customers with information. Remember, the primary purpose of delivery notes is to provide crucial information about the order and ensure a smooth delivery process.
Benefits of Delivery Notes
There are many benefits that come with creating delivery notes for your business. We’ve picked out the top benefits that come with implementing them into your daily operations, no matter how large or small your business is. They include:
- Reduces Disputes – The last thing you need is to have a dispute with your customer because they claim that they didn’t get all of the items they ordered, and you’re positive that you sent them. Since you double check your shipment when you compare it to your delivery note, you know everything is there. Additionally, your clients sign this note stating that they got everything in the shipment, and this lowers your chances of any disputes.
- Improves Accountability – Maybe something did happen in transit, and your driver noticed it but chose not to say anything. If you know everything was fine when it left your business, but it wasn’t when it reached your customer, something happened in transit. This can make your drivers more careful if they know they can get held accountable for their driving.
- Protect Your Bottom Line – Delivery notes are one way to prevent fraud and chargebacks from happening. If a customer accepts your delivery and signs for it, you’ve upheld your end of the contract. If they decide to dispute it later down the line, you have proof that everything was correct at the time of delivery, and this can help protect your company’s bottom line.
To sum up
Let’s review the most important points we talked about that will help you improve your delivery notes.
- To create great delivery notes, focus on clear, concise information and strike a professional yet friendly tone.
- Do not forget to include all the required information, such as a list of the ordered items, business details, and customer contact info. It will simplify things for customers and your accounting.
- You can use online delivery note generators and editable templates to make documents that look nice and professional.
- You can also use proof of delivery and last-mile software, which can automatically create and send delivery notes to save time and reduce mistakes.
- Give the digital version of delivery notes more weight because it will save more than just trees. It will also save you money on expensive printing equipment and maintenance.
- Make your notes memorable by using your brand’s visual identity and personalized details.
- You can further enhance your delivery notes by providing helpful information like return/exchange policies, product use advice, and bonus materials. Yet, keep your delivery documents concise – everything is good in moderation.
- Double-check your delivery notes for accuracy and seek client feedback to improve continuously.
By following these guidelines, you can create delivery notes that are informative, unique, and leave a positive impression on your customers.