Want to know what the best invoicing apps for tradies in Australia are? For a manual worker, you’ll need invoicing solutions so you can claim money from your customers for the work you’ve done. As an Australian tradie, you won’t always be in the office to complete administrative tasks such as sending out invoices.
Therefore, you’ll need an invoicing app so you can create and send these documents to your clients on the go. An invoicing app is a user-friendly platform that allows you to create and edit invoices off your mobile device. If you’re looking for invoicing apps for your Australian trading business then continue reading.
We’ll explain what to consider when choosing an invoicing app and how Australian trades can benefit from using them.
Popular Tradies in Australia and Their Invoicing App Needs
A tradesman is a skilled manual worker in a craft or trade such as plumbing or carpentry. Tradies in Australia are described as someone who trades frequently so they’ll need a way to invoice customers for their services. Take a look at the most popular trades in Australia and what their requirements are for invoicing apps.
- Plumber: If you are a commercial or residential plumber, you’ll surely want to use an invoicing app that’s been specifically developed for Australian tradies. Your job is checking water pipes, fix leaks, and install piping in offices or houses. As a plumber, you don’t spend much time in an office, usually being on-site either installing or maintaining water pipes. Because of that, you’ll need a reliable invoicing app that goes with you wherever you go. Billdu invoice generator is exactly what you are looking for, check this invoicing app out!
- Electrician: In Australia, electricians are always in demand because it’s a high-risk trade. Your job as an electrician is to know how to wire a building safely so that it adheres to Australian safety standards. If you are thinking of upgrading your invoicing solution, have a look at Billdu invoice maker – it has been developed for small businesses like you and Aussie electricians love it.
- Builder: A builder is a tradesman who builds offices, houses, or even malls and museums. These are tradesmen who construct the walls, roofs, floors, doors, and windows of a building. If you are a registered builder who wants to minimise their paperwork in order to run their business more efficiently, we recommend that you try Billdu invoice software for small businesses. Many builders are already taking advantage of its simple user interface and powerful invoicing app features.
- Carpenter: Carpenters are tradies that use natural material such as wood to construct fixtures or furniture. As a carpenter, you spend a lot of time outside the office, installing wooden doors, floors, or trimmings in a building. Or perhaps you’re a chippy who is building the houses or roofs. In any way, check out what Billdu online invoicing app has to offer for your business.
- Earthworks Contractor: As an earthworks contractor, you don’t have much time to work on your invoices either. Operating machines to dig up land to create foundations for building or using wrecking balls to knock down old buildings or excavators to dig deep holes in the ground – that’s what you need to be spending time on. Accounting does not make you money and does not help pay your bills. Or maybe it does? If you save time when using a clever invoicing app such as Billdu, you’ll have more time for your business.
What do Australian Tradies Require from Invoicing Apps?
Australian tradies don’t have time to deal with slow apps or ones that aren’t feature-rich. You must be able to create invoices in minutes so you can send them through to your clients without hassle. Since tradies hardly work in offices they will also need an invoicing platform that offers the following.
- Customizable template: No matter what Australian trade you work in you must be able to download templates from the invoicing app. The template you choose must be customizable so you can add your branding, change colors and fonts on the invoice.
- Editing: Tradies need to charge for many different items on the invoice such as materials they used or labour costs. You must be able to edit these items especially if you’re including discounts in your prices.
- Currency changer: Some invoicing apps are created by US or UK developers and will have those countries’ currencies by default. The best invoicing app for tradies will have a feature that allows you to change the currency to Australian dollars.
- Add or delete items: Sometimes it can be difficult to be 100% accurate when adding items or descriptions on your invoice. That’s why you must be able to add or delete items off of your invoice before sending it through to your customer.
- PDF: You don’t want to give anyone the ability to edit your invoice so ensure the app allows you to save documents in a PDF format.
5 Advantages of the Best Invoicing Apps for Tradies
Aussie tradies are always on the go because they work on-site instead of in an office. Tradies won’t have time to print hard copies and mail invoices to their clients. A fast and affordable solution is online invoicing apps. Take a look at the five advantages of using an invoicing app if you’re an Australian tradie.
1. Automatic Calculations
One thing that tradies lack is extra time to do administration work. You need a fast way of creating an invoice that won’t frustrate you. The advantage of using an invoice mobile app is that it does automatic calculations to give an accurate total price at the bottom of the invoice.
Additionally, prices will automatically be added to the items you list on your invoice to add up the total amount that your clients must pay.
Simply make sure that you’ve added your pricing for all the different materials you use and your rate on labour costs to your invoice settings. Listing your prices will ensure they will be added automatically every time you add an item to your invoice.
Another feature of an invoicing app is that it will automatically add VAT to the total amount if your trade includes taxes on services.
2. Easy to Operate
Mobile invoicing platforms are easy to operate. All the functions and settings are found on one comprehensive dashboard so you can access them with a tap of a button. Quality invoice apps are highly responsive so you won’t have difficulty selecting tools or settings to create or edit your documents.
There are usually explanations on how to use a particular feature on mobile invoicing platforms. Therefore, if you get stuck or don’t understand how to use a particular feature there will be tutorials for you to follow or sidebar description on how to operate the feature.
3. Ability to Create Invoices on the Go
Since Australian tradesmen are always working on-site they may not have plenty of time to visit their offices to create invoices. The advantage of using a mobile invoicing app is that you can create documents and send them out to your clients even when you’re not in the office.
The app allows you to create invoices using a SmartPhone or tablet. Provided that you have an internet connection you can create invoices no matter where you are. So if you need to quickly type up an invoice for a customer before starting on a job you can create one on your mobile device and email it to your client in a matter of minutes.
4. See When Clients View Invoices
You can’t always be around your clients to ensure that they’ve received the invoice you’ve sent. With certain invoicing software, you can check whether your clients have viewed their invoices. By using the viewing feature you will eliminate the need to phone your clients to find out if they’ve received their invoices.
5. View Outstanding Invoices
As a tradie, it can be difficult keeping track of payments. Another advantage of online invoices is that you’re able to view any invoices that are outstanding so you can take immediate action. You can speed up getting paid by viewing your outstanding invoices and reminding your clients when payment is due.
Some invoicing platforms send automatic reminders to customers before payment is due so that they can pay you on time. Automatic reminders will make it easier for you because you won’t have to continuously contact clients to remind them to pay you.
How to Choose the Best Invoicing Apps for Tradies
Before choosing the best invoicing app for tradies there are aspects you must consider first. In this next section, we will discuss what to look for in a high-quality invoicing app for your tradesman businesses.
Some platforms provide invoicing apps for iPhone and there are ones specifically designed for Android. The best invoice app for Android and iPhone will operate without glitches and it won’t slow down your phone’s processors when you’re working.
Ensure that the invoicing app you choose can also work on iPads or Android tablets. If you have both Android and Apple devices then you should consider a platform that works on both operating systems in case you need to switch between two devices.
- Templates: Take a look at the various features the invoice application offers. Most online invoicing app for tradies provide customisable templates. As an Australian tradesman, you’ll need a template that you can edit easily so you can add your branding and contact details to the document.
- Reoccurring invoices: Do you work on a contractual basis with your clients? Then you’ll need an invoicing system that allows you to create reoccurring invoices. These types of Invoices will automatically be created and sent to your clients according to the scheduled date you’ve set. This way you don’t have to waste time creating the same invoices every month.
- Exports: Aussie tradies need an invoicing app that allows them to export information onto an excel spreadsheet or even onto a PDF document. Make sure you pick a platform that has an export feature so you can save your document in various formats.
- Notifications: Get notified as soon as your contact receives his or her invoice. Some applications will also send a notification to clients when it’s time for them to pay their invoices.
- Currencies and languages: Not everyone speaks English in Australia. So pick an invoice app that allows you to translate text on the document into a language your customers can understand. Additionally, if you’ve chosen a platform that was developed outside of Australia then choose a platform that allows you to change the currency to the Australian dollar.
- Smart contact list: Choose an invoicing app that allows you to add a list of contacts so you can create invoices and send them to your contacts quickly. It also allows you to see the expense records of each contact on your list.
- Offline mode: You’re not always going to have access to the internet or have mobile data to operate your platform. Choose one that offers an offline mode so you can still create invoices even if you don’t have an internet connection.
A high-quality invoicing mobile app will have extensive security. Cybersecurity is one feature you must never compromise on because if you do your personal information as well as your client’s banking details will be at risk.
Fortunately, there are invoice applications such as Billdu that save all invoices on a secured server that has extensive encryptions that can’t be infiltrated by hackers. When sending invoices, the documents will be delivered through secure tunnelling so cybercriminals can’t steal them.
If you want to access your invoices on the go then you’ll need an invoicing app that has cloud computing. You can view, edit and delete all the invoices you’ve created no matter where you are because all invoices will be saved on a server.
You can complete all invoicing actions through the app without hassle if you’re a tradie that’s not in an office environment to complete administrative tasks.
You want an invoice app that has a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to access creation tools easily. The platform must be effortless to use so you can create and send invoices with a few taps of a button.
What’s more, the platform mustn’t be slow because this can be frustrating and lagging apps can waste a tradies time.
For a start-up tradie, you don’t want to opt for expensive invoicing applications because it can affect your budget. Pick an affordable invoicing application that doesn’t compromise on quality.
Final Thoughts on Invoicing Apps for Tradies
One of the best invoicing apps for tradies is Billdu because it provides a feature-rich platform that’s affordable for small Australian tradesmen. The Billdu app is designed for iPhone and Android users and it comes with plenty of Australia invoice templates for you to choose from.
What’s more, you can use Billdu with or without an internet connection. You’ll appreciate that Billdu offers top-notch support to all its users whether you’re a small business owner or a busy tradesman always on the move.
So what are you waiting for? Get the Billdu invoicing app today so you can streamline your administrative tasks and concentrate more on your tradie work.