Sunrise offers something a little different in that a premium subscription assigns you a professional bookkeeper to help you manage your accounting. Even if you stick to the free plan, the platform is attractively designed and intuitive to use.
- Simplified process to create an invoice in a few clicks
- Recurring invoices
- Professional bookkeeper option to manage your accounting
- Double-entry accounting
- Financial reporting
- Free for managing invoicing on your own
- Premium subscription with professional bookkeeping services starts at $149/month
Why is Sunrise a good Zoho alternative?
If you want to combine the flexibility of a self-service platform with the option to connect to a professional bookkeeper, then Sunrise gives you that capability. While you may not get everything you want out of the free version, it’s easy-to-use and should suffice for basic invoicing needs.
14. Housecall Pro
If you’re a plumber, electrician, housekeeper, HVAC technician, or another service professional, then you’re in constant need of invoicing. Housecall Pro is an invoice management system built specifically for you.
- Scheduling and online booking
- Easily create estimates and invoices
- Communicate with customers via friendly “on-my-way” texts
- Live map GPS for assigning employees to jobs
- Automated invoice reminders and follow-up marketing
- Property profiles and notes
- Subscriptions start at $49/month
- Premium subscription is $109/month
- Customized pricing for larger enterprises
Why is Housecall Pro a good Zoho alternative?
Housecall Pro is a good Zoho alternative if you fit the user profile. It offers a range of complementary features for service professionals to go beyond invoice management. It’s definitely not a solution for the whole market, but it is a clear frontrunner for its niche.
15. Invoice Ninja
If you’re looking for a free option that can grow with your business, then take a look at Invoice Ninja. It offers one of the best free plans out there, allowing you to send unlimited invoices. But don’t be fooled by its low cost. It provides many great complementary features, and you can upgrade to a paid plan for even more capability.
- Customizable templates
- Easily set up recurring or auto-billing
- Over 40 different payment gateways supported
- Create quotations and proposals
- Project management workflows with Kanban boards
- Time tracking and expense reporting
- Unlimited free plan available
- Subscriptions start at $10/month
- Enterprise subscription starts at $14/month
Why is Invoice Ninja a good Zoho alternative?
Consider Invoice Ninja if you don’t have a big budget right now, but need a platform that can scale with your growth.
16. Square Invoices
Square Invoices is part of the larger Square ecosystem, built to handle digital payments and financial services. As such, it is a well-built platform for creating and managing professional invoices. Most importantly, it offers streamlined processes for getting paid.
- Real-time invoice tracking
- One-click payment
- Save customer bank account information for auto-billing and custom contracts
- Good reporting tools
- Progress invoices
- Zero monthly fees
- Square takes 2.9% + $0.30 each time an invoice is paid online by card
- Square takes 1% per ACH transaction
Why is Square Invoices a good Zoho alternative?
If you already use Square’s point-of-sale and payment processing solutions, then you may want to consider integrating Square Invoices into your workflow. It is a competent platform, but make sure to calculate how much the fees will cost you.
Finding the right fit is crucial
As a small business, sometimes you don’t need every advanced feature on the list. The platform you choose should be capable enough to improve your efficiency without slowing you down with unnecessary options.
Your budget is another big factor, but don’t only look for the best free option. Consider the amount of time you’ll be investing in these tools every day, and evaluate how much money a competent platform will save you in time and unpaid invoices.
With so many great options out there, it’s more important than ever to do a little extra research to make sure you choose the right invoicing software for your team.